By entering the "Pop Up a Prize" promotion (i.e. by uploading purchase receipts online for any packet of Golden Crumpets, Tip Top Café Muffins and/or Tip Top Spicy Fruit loaves purchased from participating retail outlets) you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
This promotion ("Promotion") is being run on behalf of George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited, with its registered office at Building 3, Level 2, 666 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland ("the Promoter").
- Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All entry instructions and prize pool information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
The Promotion is only open to "Eligible Entrants" which are individuals who:
- are legal residents of New Zealand; and
- are not directors or employees of the Promoter or any of its related companies or any of their agencies associated with the Promotion ("Associated Persons"); and
- are not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of an Associated Person.
- If the drawn winner of an instant prize or the Grand Prize Draw is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to a parent or the legal guardian of the winner, as determined by the Promoter, on the winner's behalf.
- The Promotion commences from 00.01am on Monday, March 1, 2021 and the Promotion ends at 11.59pm on Sunday, April 25, 2021 ("Entry Period").
To participate, an Eligible Entrant must, within the Entry Period:
Based on chance, an Eligible Entrant may win and claim a NZD$50 instant cash prize and will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Draw.
- Purchase any Golden Crumpets, Tip Top Café Muffins and/or Tip Top Spicy Fruit loaf product and ensure they obtain an in-store purchase receipt ("Qualifying Purchase"); and
- Visit www.popupaprize.co.nz and fill in all mandatory fields including full name, email address, telephone number; and
- At the same time, select the product purchased; and
- At the same time, validate their entry and/or instant prize claim by uploading either a scanned copy or photograph of their original purchase receipt that clearly shows the store of purchase, promotional product(s) purchased that the purchase was made during the Entry Period but prior to entry online; and
- Select their choice of promotional product to pop in the toaster.
- Where more than one participating product is purchased in the same shop and appears on the same receipt, one (1) individual online entry can be made, or instant prize won for each product purchased as per clause 6 and the common receipt uploaded for each of those entries. For the removal of doubt, if multiple products are purchased in a single transaction, one (1) entry form can be submitted per product purchased. For example, if an individual is to purchase a pack of all three (3) participating products in a single transaction, they can submit up to three (3) separate entries (i.e. one (1) chance to win instantly or enter the Grand Prize Draw for each product purchased).
- There is no limit to the number of entries an Eligible Entrant can make during the Entry Period so long as the number of entries is supported by the same number of individual participating promotional product receipts and in all cases, each purchase correlates to prove it was made prior to its corresponding entry online.
- All entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications and/or internet service or equipment.
The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant:
- fails to establish his or her valid entitlement to enter the Promotion; or
- tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or
- submits an entry which is not in accordance with these terms and conditions; or
- does not comply with these terms and conditions; or
- fails to retain their purchase receipt(s).
- Entrants must retain their original OR a copy of their purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant's entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase, products purchased and that the purchase was made during the Entry Period but prior to entry.
- For Instant and Grand Prize Draw winning entries, the person entitled to the relevant prize is the person whose details are registered to the winning entry.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Upon submitting their entry and selecting the product to pop in the toaster in accordance with clause 6 above, entrants will be notified instantly on screen whether or not they are a provisional winner of an instant prize (subject to verification). Provisional instant winners will be given instructions on screen on how to claim their prize (including but not limited to sending a copy of the purchase receipt for the Qualifying Purchase to the Promoter for verification). All instant win prize claims must be received by 11.59pm on Sunday, April 25, 2021 and all claimants must supply a NZ bank account for their prize to be remitted into. Prize money will not be paid by any other method. Winners should allow up to 14 days for prizes to be deposited into their accounts.
There is a NZD$25,000 cash prize pool. Instant win cash prizes available to be won randomly throughout the Entry Period consist of:
500 x $50 cash prizes
There is no maximum in the number of instant win prizes permitted per person during the Entry Period.
The names of all verified instant prize winners will be published online at www.popupaprize.co.nz from March 15, 2021 and updated fortnightly through to the end of the Promotion.
- In the event an instant prize claim is disqualified for any reason, the instant prize money will be re-entered into the remaining instant prize pool to be won by an Eligible Entrant. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant (including by requiring the entrant to provide any information or documentation reasonably required to make the determination).
GRAND PRIZE DRAW, GAME & PRIZING
- The Grand Prize Draw will be held on Tuesday, April 27, 2021. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be included in the Grand Prize Draw.
- In the Grand Prize Draw, the Eligible Entrant that submitted the first valid entry drawn (Grand Prize Winner) will win participation in the Pop Up a $100,000 Grand Prize Game for a chance to win either NZD$5,000 (guaranteed minimum prize) or NZD$100,000. The Pop Up a $100,000 Grand Prize game will be conducted live at an Auckland based venue on Friday, May 14, 2021.
- The Promoter will endeavour to contact the Grand Prize Winner (using the phone number and/or email address provided) using all means necessary. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted for any reason within 48 hours of the Grand Prize Draw, then that Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified, and a replacement Grand Prize Winner drawn on the same terms and conditions of the original Grand Prize Draw.
Should the Grand Prize Winner be contactable but unavailable to travel to Auckland to participate in the Pop Up a $100,000 Grand Prize Game, then, depending upon the circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to either:
- Permit that Grand Prize Winner to appoint a proxy and provide such proxy with written, witnessed instructions as to how the proxy is to represent them in the Pop Up a $100,000 Grand Prize Game; or
- Conduct the Pop Up a $100,000 Grand Prize Game via phone with the First Prize Winner.
- Reasonable return transport expenses (determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion) from the Grand Prize Winner's primary residence anywhere within New Zealand to Auckland to participate in the Pop Up a Grand Prize Game as well as up to one night's accommodation in Auckland (selected by the Promoter in its sole discretion) will be paid by the Promoter for the Grand Prize Winner and their nominated witness to attend. The accommodation will be a standard room, and will not include any additional services, refreshments, food, spending money or entertainment. If the Grand Prize Winner lives in Auckland, the Promoter will not provide transport expenses or accommodation. The Promoter will not be responsible for any cancellation or delay or rescheduling of any transport and any costs incurred as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner shall be responsible for any costs associated with taking part in the Pop Up a Grand Prize Game that are not expressly set out in these terms and conditions as being the responsibility of the Promoter.
- All prize winners consent to the Promoter using their name, home town and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of their name online at www.popupaprize.co.nz) and agree to make themselves available for all promotional and publicity purposes.
- The Grand Prize Winner grants the Promoter, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide and transferable licence to use and reproduce any photographs, media coverage or other promotional material relating to their participation in the Pop Up a $100,000 Grand Prize Game. If requested by the Promoter, the Grand Prize Winner will sign all documentation reasonably necessary to give effect to the foregoing.
The Pop Up a $100,000 Grand Prize Game will be recorded and held under the strict supervision of an independent adjudicator.
How the game works:
- The First Prize Winner will select one toaster from a group of fifty (50) toasters each individually numbered on their fronts from one (1) to fifty (50) inclusive.
- Every toaster will have an envelope stuck to the back of it. And each envelope will contain a Grand Prize which if selected will be the Grand Prize won. Forty-nine (49) of the fifty (50) toasters will have envelopes concealing NZD$5000 cash Grand Prizes. One (1) toaster will have an envelope concealing a NZD$100,000 cash Grand Prize.
- The compere will ask the Grand Prize Winner to select one numbered toaster of their choice. He/she will then remove the envelope from the back of the selected toaster and open the envelope. If the chosen envelope contains the NZD$100,000 cash Grand Prize then the Grand Prize Winner shall receive a prize of NZD$100,000 cash. This will be paid by direct debit into the nominated account of the Grand Prize Winner.
- Should the toaster number chosen by the Grand Prize Winner conceal an envelope with a NZD$5000 cash Grand Prize then the Grand Prize Winner shall receive a prize of NZD$5,000 cash. This will be paid by direct debit into the nominated account of the Grand Prize Winner. If this Grand Prize value is won, all envelopes will be opened in sequence until the $100,000 Grand Prize is revealed in order to show the Grand Prize Winner and their witness which toaster number it was hidden behind.
- The independent adjudicator will be responsible for supplying the fifty (50) envelopes randomly shuffled and affixing them to the back of each toaster.
- Prizes must be taken as offered and rights to receive prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
- All prize values and cash payments are in New Zealand Dollars.
- Prizes will only be paid into New Zealand bank accounts and all prize winners should allow 14 days from the date of their instant win or participation in the Pop Up a $100,000 Grand Prize Game to receive their prize.
If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures or pandemic), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Promotion.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion.
- All of the Promoter's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and all of their directors, employees and agents (the "Relevant Parties") exclude any and all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any entrant in connection with the Promotion or prizes, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death.
- Entrants' personal information (PI) will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Promotion and publicise its winner(s). The personal information of each winner may be provided to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Promotion, including but not limited to the Promotion administrator. By entering this Promotion, entrants consent to the use of their personal information as described. Persons may contact the Promoter, George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited, at Building 3, Level 2, 666 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland to request access to, or correction of, any of their personal information that is collected and held by the Promoter. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win a prize. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter will not disclose entrants' PI to any entity outside of New Zealand.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, including but not limited to making multiple entries that are associated with the purchase of the one promotional product, or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the Promotion and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any tax payable in respect of the $100,000 cash prize or $5,000 cash prize that they receive.
- Any questions or enquiries relating to this promotion can be addressed by our customer services team by calling 0800 99 22 44 during normal Monday to Friday office hours.